JOSH IS HOME!!!!!!!

As of Saturday, December 27 at 5:25 or so--- JOSH IS HOME!!

As of Tuesday, December 23 at 10:10 a.m., they were in Ft. Bragg!!!

As of Tuesday, December 23 at 6:05 a.m., he was on US SOIL!!!!!!

As of Monday, December 22 at 9:00 p.m., they were in Ireland.

As of Friday, December 19 at 8:30 am ET, he was in Kyrgyzstan.

See the blog posts below for the latest.


Homecoming Contest!!

BEFORE THE END OF 2008 WON!!!

Here is the list of people who voted for this timeframe: Hilary Trevenen, Norm,
Abby/Brian Withey, Dad Contri, Donna, Dominic, Jonathan (and one unknown)
After Josh returns, we'll announce who the big winner is!!


18 April 2008

No News Is . . . ?

The Army folks tell you, "No news is good news." Well, I have started thinking that "no news is NO fun!" I talked to Josh over a week ago and we last chatted on IM on Saturday. I hear from different spouses of the other soldiers sharing the excitement of being able to talk to their loved one, but the dissappointment at the short length in the call. I keep reminding myself that as soon as he can call, he will, and if he can't call, then he is busy and time is flying by for him. Trying to remind myself of that, at least, and hoping that time is flying by for Josh.

Trisha shared the following pictures with me. Her husband is also in the company.

This first picture is of children in Afghanistan waiting to pick-up school supplies. I am unsure of the exact location of where this was taken.


This is driving through Afghanistan . . .



This is some of the unit (at least I assume that it our unit) out in the sand/mountains/dirt of Afghanistan . . .


I just recieved some other pictures from another soldier's wife. Once I have time to sort through them this weekend, I will post some of those as well. Hopefully, I will have heard from Josh and will be able to share an update from him as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The photos give a real sense of the landscape there. I know many appreciate this blog as we are thinking of Josh and of you!